Pectoral augmentation is a procedure that can be performed to give the male the definition he’s always desired in the chest region. Long used for reconstruction of the chest after cancer surgery in men, pectoral implants have been safely used to create bulk in the chest region. Now, Dr. Chugay has begun to offer silicone pectoral implants to allow men to sculpt their chest region to their desired proportions.
What is the word on Silicone
Silicone is a generic term for a family of polymers derived from the element silicon (Si). Silicone is biologically inert. There are two major types of medical-grade silicone: liquid and solid. The breast implant controversy involved liquid silicone encapsulated in a hard shell. When the implant leaked, liquid silicone was dispersed in the body, often producing problems.
It is a fact, however, that solid silicone will not “leak out.” Furthermore, there have been absolutely no clinical findings of cancer risk from solid (or recently – even liquid silicone). Plastic surgery savvy customers know that many facial implants, including chin, cheek and jaw are usually made of soft solid silicone. The conclusion: solid silicone is just as safe as basically any other implant material. However, you should always remember that a foreign material is not a part of your body – there will always be risk for infection, implant migration, and local tissue reaction.
Yes! Medical Financing is available on approved credit. We accept financing from CareCredit.com and LendingUSA.com. For more information about our Financing options
An incision is made in the axillary region and blunt dissection is used to create a pocket beneath the pectoralis major muscle.
The implant is then placed in the pocket below the pectoralis major muscle. The muscle lining is sutured with absorbable sutures and subcuticular sutures are used to close the skin. Over time, the implant becomes surrounded by a scar tissue pocket, where it stays for the rest of the person’s life.
- Experience: With 2 generations of doctors, over 30,000 procedures and a lifetimes worth of combined experience, Dr. Nikolas V. Chugay and Dr. Paul N. Chugay have not only the required experience in various surgical and non surgical procedures but Nikolas has helped revolutionize the industry, and Paul is following very closely in his father’s footsteps, drawing on over 40 years of experience.
- Compatibility & Respect: Book a consultation with the doctor. Get a feel for how they treat you; whether they listen to you and what you want. It’s important to thoroughly discuss what you’re trying to achieve with your doctor so they have a clear, concise idea of what your goal is but it’s equally important that you respect your doctor’s experience and education enough to listen to their recommendations. You don’t want a doctor that doesn’t care about YOU.
- Specialization: Ask your doctor about other times they’ve performed the procedure you want.
What is Unique About Dr. Chugay’s Technique?
A Word on Blunt Dissection
Remember: the hallmark of Dr. Chugay’s methodology in any operation is the dissection. Whenever possible, Dr. Chugay will use blunt instruments. Although this does prolong the operative time, the benefits to the patient are numerous:
- There is less risk of injury to tendons, nerves, blood vessels and other tissues
- There is less bleeding
- There is less risk of hematoma or seroma (fluid accumulation at the surgical site)
- You will heal faster
- Your bodily tissues will suffer less shock.
It is unfortunate that most surgeons still prefer to use sharp instruments; hopefully, as time goes by, more physicians will learn the intricacies of the blunt dissection technique.
Suturing: Can your Scar be Less Noticeable?
The answer is a resounding: “YES!” Dr. Chugay in most procedures (whenever possible) will use subcuticular sutures. They are dissolvable and hidden UNDER the skin, not on TOP of it! This minimizes post-operative scarring, making the incision almost un-noticed by the untrained eye.
What does Artistry have to do with it?
Everything. In Muscle Augmentation, artistry comes into play both during conceptualization and execution. Dr. Chugay will consider every factor: your body type, symmetry, proportions, the desired result and the most effective outcome with the least invasive action. Unique implant designs are created and proposed implant locations are selected. Finally, a custom-made implant, created just for you, will be manufactured and skillfully inserted to give you the look you’ve always wanted.