Hip / Thigh Augmentation Surgery
The curvaceous woman is en vogue, again. Breasts are getting bigger, butts are getting fuller, and there is increasing demand for a fuller more curvaceous look to the thighs. Some women have very slender thighs, due either to genetics or a vigorous exercise program. For those that have this problem, we have designed a solution: a custom implant that slides beneath the fascia lata and gives a bit more curve to the lateral thigh region.
Hip Augmentation Surgery
A 3 cm incision is made on the lateral aspect of the thigh and dissection is carried down until the surgeon is on top of the thigh muscle sheath (fascia lata). This sheath is then opened and below it a pocket is created for the custom made thigh implant. This implant is placed above the muscle, avoiding many vital nerves and blood vessels. Once the implant is in position, the muscle sheath and the skin are closed. The patient is then taken to the recovery area prior to discharge home.
SPECIAL NOTE/EXCEPTION: In some cases, particularly in cases of smaller patients or those with significant muscle mass in the thigh, the space under the fascia lata may be constrained and it may not be possible to place the implant under the fascia lata. We may elect, in such cases, to place the implant in a more superficial position to avoid injury to major support structures of the leg and for patient overall safety. This possibility and its risks will be discussed with patients before surgery by your surgeon.
Is Financing Available?
Yes! Medical Financing is available on approved credit. We accept financing from CareCredit.com and LendingUSA.com. For more information about our Financing options
Post Operative Care
- Patients asked to wear girdle X 1 month
- No strenuous activity for 1 month
- May return to walking the next day and light exercise in 2 weeks
Things to Look for In your Surgeon:
- Experience: With 2 generations of doctors, over 30,000 procedures and a lifetimes worth of combined experience, Dr. Nikolas V. Chugay and Dr. Paul N. Chugay have not only the required experience in various surgical and non surgical procedures but Nikolas has helped revolutionize the industry, and Paul is following very closely in his father’s footsteps, drawing on over 40 years of experience.
- Compatibility & Respect: Book a consultation with the doctor. Get a feel for how they treat you; whether they listen to you and what you want. It’s important to thoroughly discuss what you’re trying to achieve with your doctor so they have a clear, concise idea of what your goal is but it’s equally important that you respect your doctor’s experience and education enough to listen to their recommendations. You don’t want a doctor that doesn’t care about YOU.
- Specialization: Ask your doctor about other times they’ve performed the procedure you want.
What does Artistry have to do with it?
Everything, artistry comes into play both during conceptualization and execution. Dr. Chugay will consider every factor: your body type, symmetry, proportions, the desired result and the most effective outcome with the least invasive action. Unique implant designs are created and proposed implant locations are selected. Finally, a custom-made implant, created just for you, will be manufactured and skillfully inserted to give you the look you’ve always wanted in the lateral thigh region.
Lateral Thigh Enlargement Implants
*THIS VIDEO DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A PROMISE OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY PARTICULAR OUTCOME OR EXPERIENCE.
After your Surgery
Although there will be some soreness and discomfort, Dr. Chugay can prescribe medications to make you more comfortable post-operatively. You should avoid strenuous activity for three to four weeks. Dr. Chugay will discuss resumption of activities with you on an individual basis.